Even though I started this semester stressed and worried, everything is falling into place. I found out that I was accepted into an international program that will allow me to finish my last month of college in Europe. I couldn’t be more excited to complete my degree while fulfilling my dream of traveling abroad!
I haven’t written here in over a year because what do I have to say that is important and interesting and profound? Honestly, I’m not sure. But I do know that I have grown and learned and changed a lot as a person since I started this blog. I made this with the intentions of it being a fitness journal (see first post) because at that time, I was unhappy with the way I looked and my food/exercise choices. Now, I’ve reached a really good place with that, and I’ve decided that I want somewhere to write just to clear out the thoughts in my head.
Since I was 7 years old, I have kept a journal. Of course, I wasn’t very consistent and didn’t write anything noteworthy until I was about 13. Now, I love being able to look back at my thoughts, my values, and my daily life and see what was important to me as I grew up. I hope to be able to do something similar here, though I will still keep my own personal journal. When I was young, I always said I wanted to be a writer. I think my high school English courses beat me down, and I decided that I wasn’t smart enough to analyze literature and write essays. That’s not true - I just don’t like feeling structured and boxed in. I hope writing will continue to be an outlet for me throughout my life.
Very brief about me:
- I am 21 years old and senior in college. I am really ready to graduate in a few months.
- That being said, I don’t exactly know what I want to do with my life. I believe I will receive some kind of revelation after I have my diploma in my hands.
- I appreciate open-mindedness.
- I try to make myself like cooking and baking because I like to eat healthy and organic foods, but honestly, I am way too lazy and it only happens on special occasions. I still do eat well, but it’s very basic.
- I am almost always cold.
- I love reading, gelato, being outside, and good grammar.
- I have only lived in two cities in my whole life, and I hope to travel more in the next few years.
Well, for a variety of reasons, I have joined the tumblr network. Once I am more familiar with the site, I will post more. While I hope to reach many goals in the coming months, I am also hoping to adapt to a healthier lifestyle in general, mainly regarding sleeping and stress management.